Every webmaster and technology geek know what a blog is. The fact here is, “How good and clever are you in maintaining your own or business blogs?” Nowadays people create blogs either to market themselves or business. It is a huge task to update your websites with the fresh contents. But blog makes it easy to add or update with fresh contents, as the Blog Service providers made it simple for their users.
Everything is not over by just setting up a blog and makes it running. You need to maintain in such a way that it attracts more readers. As more and more people get into blogging, it has become a Herculean task to attract readers. It is important that, “How do you compete with millions of other bloggers and develop an audience that consistently comes back to your blog?”
There are two major factors you need to concentrate in maintaining a blog and they are as follows:
1. Blog Fundamentals
2. Maintaining your Blog
Experts always say that, “Keep the fundamentals correct”. For any work or process, you need to get the fundamentals correct i.e. basics correct, in order to succeed. Before we get into actual traffic building tips, let us start with how to make your blog worth reading. There are certain factors need to be taken care to get the blog fundamentals correct.
1. Your Niche: Before you start your blogging process, be sure of what your blog is all about. Be clear in your niche and thoughts that you are going to express in your blog. Be smart in choosing your niche, identify your target audience and give them what they want.
2. Be Original: Be original in whatever you present in your blog. Do not copy the content of the famous blog and post it in yours. Try to search for the hot topic for day and build your own subject in it.
3. Platform, Design and Domain Name: Website or blog, you need to present in an attractive manner. Choosing blog platform, design and domain name plays a major role in your blogs success. Thanks, because you have free Blog Platforms and design templates that works well in those platforms. Select and customize it according to your niche and audience. Choosing domain name is critical; your domain name should reflect what your blog content is all about.
Maintaining your Blog
After making sure that your blog fundamentals are correct, it is the time to start building your blog. Here are some tips on how to build a good foundation that will help you increase your traffic.
1. Consistency: Once you start your blog, fix a schedule and stick to it. You need to ensure that you deliver something for your audience at the right span of time. It is not necessary to write a blog everyday but posting blog at equal interval will help to improve audience interest
2. Topic Selection: You know your niche, now understand what the current trend and the topic is what the people searching for. Try to find an angle to your posts that will interest a wide variety of people to ensure that your blog will appeal to a larger audience.
3. Incorporate Basic SEO: Try to learn what SEO is, if you are not familiar with it. Basic SEO principles include using keywords wisely, writing effective post titles and utilizing Meta tags when applicable. Main source of traffic for your blog is search engine and hence you need to optimize your post to get SE presence. Post titles play an essential part in improving your search engine visibility and to attract the blog readers. Be descriptive, but not overly so.
4. Interaction Resources: Make sure that you enable all your interaction resources like comments, pinging back etc. You need ensure that your blog readers have something source to interact with the blog writers. In that case you can make your blog more interesting and you can keep the audience as well.
5. Linking Strategies: Links plays a vital role in blogging services. If you own a business blog, when you write something interesting which relates your business you can directly link particular keyword to your business website. For information related or self blog you can link to some other reliable resources from where you get the information. You can also inter link some specific posts in your blog. When you write a blog posts as different parts you link between each of them starting by saying “in my previous post”
6. Tagging: Use the correct tagging for your post which best describes your blog post. This will help your readers to find your blog posts.